Tutorials and example apps to help kickstart your development process.
There are a number of written tutorials and workshops that walk through how to build on Tableland. An endless number of use cases exist for using a serverless and permissionless relational database, but a few common areas include the following:
NFTs & gaming
Build dynamic NFTs user-driven actions (onchain) mutating table state.
- Build a dynamic NFT in Solidity: Get started with the basics of a Solidity-based NFT game that uses SQL queries to create and populate a table of game state.
- Creating a dynamic NFT with p5.js: Add visual components to the intro tutorial about that walks through building a dynamic NFT in Solidity.
- Building a game on Arbitrum: Learn how to build a game of hangman with smart contracts, React, and IPFS.
- Dynamic NFT with Chainlink: Use Chainlink oracles to change the visual state of an NFT based on offchain actions.
Data & storage
Learn how Tableland can power collaborative data and other data-driven use cases.
- Building a Data DAO: Create a DAO where only successful DAO votes from members will mutate table data.
- Key-value store as NFT: Use Tableland as a key-value store while also enabling ownership through an NFT-based database.
Miscellaneous walkthroughs that showcase Tableland functionality along with various tools or protocols.
- Onchain table reads with Chainlink: Since table state is all offchain within the Tableland network, you can use oracles like Chainlink to query table data using an API and write that data back onchain.
- JSON files to NFT metadata: With a Hardhat project, take local JSON files, read/parse the data into tables, and then mint an NFT where Tableland powers the metadata.
If you haven't already, be sure to check out how to use the SDK, smart contracts, REST API, and CLI—at least the quickstarts!